CASOS News 2015
- Ghita Mezzour was selected for the MIT EECS Rising Stars, a program that brings together for a workshop the top graduate and postdoc women in EECS for two days of scientific discussions and information sessions aimed at navigating early stages of their academic careers.
- Kathleen M.Carley to give Keynote address at PolNet 2015 - "Twitter, Terror and Terms: Network analytics for assessing large scale media data."
- Kathleen M.Carley gave special plenary talk "Social Cognition: Intelligence within and about networks," at the California Cognitive Science Conference, Berkeley, CA.
- Student Wei Wei presented his work titled "A Bayesian Graphical Model to Discover Latent Events from Twitter" and student Kenneth Joseph exhibited his poster "Culture, Networks, Twitter and foursquare: Testing a model of cultural conversion with social media data" at the 9th AAAI International Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM '2015), Oxford, UK.
- New version of ORA is released. Completely new GIS system, and more support for big data.
- New version of ORA is released. Changes include improved control for big data and importers for citation and bibliometric networks analysis. Importers include specific importers for Zotero, Scopus and Bibtec.
- Ghita Mezzour receives NSF travel grant to attend the ACM Symposium and Bootcamp on the Science of Security (HotSos), April 2015, Urbana, IL
- Kathleen M. Carley gave keynote address on "Social Media Analytics Using Dynamic Network Methodologies,"" at the DHS CCICADA meeting, Pittsburgh, PA
- Students Geoff Morgan and Will Frankenstein gave a tutorial on Dynamic Network Analysis at the BRiMS Conference in Washington DC March 31 - April 3.
- Prof. Kathleen M. Carley gives Keynote at DHS workshop on March 20 titled "Social Media and Network Analytics."
- Prof. Kathleen M. Carley is slated to be the keynote speaker at the Political Networks Conference (POLNET) in June 2015 in Portland, OR.